Tuesday, January 30, 2018

1st Birthday Invitation ( + Ursula K. Le Guin )

The idea for the zip code banner came from Pinterest. There are multiple variations.

Because they are square envelopes, they need extra postage - so two stamps are a fun way to make a donation to the PO.


Side note to the BigHelpfulBrother and anyone else who has been a fan of Ursula K. Le Guin. First, I must note that I only have 7 other blogs on My Blog List. Four of them are pen pals and of those 4 only 2 post with any frequency. I recently added the off-topic guy who does a photo of miniatures every single day - because I was drawn to both his photos and anyone who is as compulsive as I am as posting every single day.

Then - there is Eyes Wide Open who made the list because of one style she does - and she rarely posts. No. 7 is Cari Ferraro. She is just one of many scribes who could have made the list. I have never met Cari and she does not post very often. But her most recent post is very interesting - about crossing paths with Ursula K. Le Guin. I enjoyed the part of her story where she was not familiar with Ursula's work when she first met her. I am not familiar with Ursula's work - but Cari's post has made me curious. Ursula has been added to the *might get around to this someday* list.

http://cariferraro.com/2018/01/28/ursula-k-le-guin-evermore-on-the-dark-paths-between-the-stars/

I will refrain from babbling on about how Tinky Winky and Ursula died on the same day. Although, if you were a fan, you'll probably want to Google.



1 comment:

  1. Not sure how I missed reading this post, but Ursula Le Guin is my favorite author. I was sad to hear she passed away, however I can always hear her voice in her novels and short stories.

    ReplyDelete