Saturday, December 9, 2017

White Space to Rachael

Yesterday in a class, we critiqued exchange envelopes and on a couple we all agreed that the envelope had too much white space at the bottom.

It's challenging to talk about exactly how much space is the right amount. I have a whole series of crazy envelopes in the December exchange and most of them will appear in Feb or March of next year. Obviously I was using up random stamps and experimenting with wacky lettering. Some of the envelopes are way better than this. But, I don't consider this a dud at all. I like things that line up - and fill space - but also leave space.

I am so tempted to add something along the bottom - but I think I will resist the temptation. Since none of my exchange envelopes have anything *holiday* going on - maybe a row of evergreen trees would be fun. Decisions. Decisions.

No comments:

Post a Comment